On 21 March 1966 on the magnificent estate of Nawab of Rampur was established Sainik School Ghorakhal, located near Nainital. The name 'Ghorakhal' refers to the events of 1857 when, in a desperate attempt to escape Awadh's revolutionaries, a British General strayed into this area and his horse as drinking water from nearby pool died, hence the name Ghora (Horse) Khal (Pond).In 1870 the British Rulers presented the estate of Ghorakhal to General Wheeler. The estate was bought in 1921, then by Nawab of Rampur, Maj Gen, His Highness, Alijah, Amirul Umrah, Nawab, Sir Syed Mohammed Hamid Ali, Khan Bahadur.
Sainik School Ghorakhal nainital provides below facilities:
Sainik School Ghorakhal nainital acceptable payment modes: